Ever So Tweetly

    follow me on Twitter

    Sunday, June 28, 2009

    Tibetan Ricepaper Minefield

    So we've found a place, and it's both a little more and a little less than what we expected. It's perfect in size, location, and price, perfect in amenities, and even has great neighbors.


    A very exclusive place, you must know someone there to be able to even view, much less rent a unit.

    The bad part is that it doesn't come with any appliances, so I have to provide my own stove, oven, air conditioner, and fridge. Not that it is much of a problem though, since I have a toaster oven, a small chest freezer, fans, and a dehumidifier. Later today I am heading out to buy another used small freezer and mini-fridge from someone who advertised it online. I also have a propane-powered steel camping cookstove that I can use if I can't manage to find a different stove before we move in.

    Yesterday, we completely ran out of boxes, so the packing came to a screetching halt. Everything half-packed and partially sorted, walking through the house was like trying to navigate a Tibetan ricepaper minefield.

    But we have more boxes now, so the work begins anew. We'll need new boxes shortly, as I'm sure we don't have enough at this time, but for now, we have some supplies to work with.

    4 comments:

    lovelife said...

    where is the new place at? Or am I alowed to know lol
    I miss seeing you all.

    Todd said...

    Sounds like the move is coming/going along nicely, and it's all working out so far. Let us know when/if you have a house-warming party, preferably next month so we can attend :-)

    Anonymous said...

    I'm curious as to the new location. Lemme know once you get settled a bit!

    TheyDHD said...

    Lovelife, you do know where we live! *smile* Thanks for the help!

    Rambleman, the housewarming party will be sometime in the coming month. Things are doing well, and we're almost done with the processes involved on moving out of a place.

    Maurkus, we're not far from where we were, as the crows fly. *smile*

    You are, of course, invited to my housewarming party.