Ever So Tweetly

    follow me on Twitter

    Tuesday, April 21, 2009

    Review: SparkPeople

    I lost my first 100+lbs before I started using SparkPeople, without changing my diet or exercising any more than before I started dropping pounds. It took me a little under a year to drop that weight.

    I joined Sparkpeople a while back, mostly to see what all the hubub was about and to encourage other people with my story, since several of the people I am consulting for are also members. (I have become a health consultant after dropping all those pounds, even with the weight I still have to shed).

    I have found SparkPeople to be an interesting and effective social tool for people who have trouble loosing weight on their own, in much the same way that FlyLady is an effective cleaning tool for clutterbugs who sit at their computers all day.

    Regardless of how effective or useful it is for me personally, I do suggest it as a healthy part of any weight-reduction plan because of the support system it inherently provides. There are a lot of resources, both socially, and informationally, that can help out a lot, especially if one is just starting out on their journey of weight reduction, or as failed many times in the past. I've even learned some neat information and found some tasty recipes, which are always a good thing. *smile*

    If you are looking to loose weight or just build up to a healthier you, go check it out. I bet you'll like it too. *smile*

    Best of luck on reaching your personal weight goals!
    -K

    No comments: