Ever So Tweetly

    follow me on Twitter

    Tuesday, December 18, 2007

    Snow "Ice Cream"

    Remember how I said the other day that it had snowed and we had saved some in the freezer to make snow "ice cream" with later?

    Yep, today was the day. With everyone feeling almost all better, we dragged the snow out of the freezer and had a go of it.

    My usual variety of this is plain olde vanilla, created with some granulated sugar, a little milk, snow, and a dash of cheap vanilla extract, just like my mother used to make. It's grainy, liquidy, and not really all that great, except as a fun little novelty in the winter.

    This year, we decided to try something different.

    Radically different.

    I added some dye-free, all natural, no-sugar-added blueberry syrup to the snow and mashed & fluffed it together until it was all about the same color. Not quite ice cream and more like a snow cone, this was by far, the best snow-based concoction I've yet to come up with.

    Easy and tasty, just how we like it.

    Technorati Tags: Del.icio.us Tags:

    2 comments:

    Todd said...

    Sounds yummy, and your DD looks like she really likes it too :-)

    P.S. Please check your email, I sent you one :)

    Todd said...

    Just setting it so I receive email responses :-)