Ever So Tweetly

    follow me on Twitter

    Saturday, December 15, 2007

    Now Everyone Else is Coming Down

    With the ick. I still have no clue where I got it, but it's hitting pretty hard and fast in the rest of the family. Here's hoping that it goes away as quickly as it came.

    My mother went back to her mom's place today, in fear of the predicted snow. Sure is a lot of rain out there right now...

    One of these days she'll relax and learn to just go with the flow, comfortable in her ability to at least survive a simple winter storm. Pah, who am I kidding?

    In other news, we got to see the van RV thingie today. It was really just a van that someone had put a raisable tent-type top onto, removed the back seat that makes into a bed and installed just a bed, removed the center seat, put on an awning, and installed the hardware for a sink. It drives good, and the mpg is about what I expected, but you have to enter into the driver or passenger door because the sliding door to the main compartment requires all of my weight yanking on it to open. Closing it isn't much easier. With the mild body rust and the two new tires it needs added to the fact that the guy won't take less than $800 for it, and I have a little less than $600, things aren't looking good for the purchase of the van as a home, or even just as a vehicle to get around in.

    But the fellow from the RV place called me, and for some odd reason, I got the urge to ask him if his company/lot ever shipped in an RV from somewhere else for a customer. He said he's be happy to do that and requested that I get him the name and number of the place that was selling what I wanted so that he could just buy it outright, then sell it to me on their lot's payment plan!

    Gads!

    But I temper my excitement with the thought that even if this magnificent thing were to be an actuality, it would still require a down payment of at least 2k. I think Keeb's going to just get a job wherever so that we can have some money coming in, to heck with waiting any longer. He's been getting really antsy about not having a job since that last place.

    We are so danged tired of all of this.

    Technorati Tags: Del.icio.us Tags:

    1 comment:

    Todd said...

    Still hoping you get SOMETHING to drive and live in at the same time. Again, sorry that you're all now getting sick :-(