Ever So Tweetly

    follow me on Twitter

    Friday, November 16, 2007

    Stink Free

    Quick household tip: Gently crumpled newspaper can get even rotted-meat stink out of almost anything that closes, from microwaves to cabinets, freezers and refrigerators. Gently crumple, stuff, and close the door for about 8 hours. If it doesn't work all the way the first time, replace the paper and wait some more.

    Spraying the air with a little Ozium air freshener works wonders (Created for use in hospitals, Febreeze is nothing compared to this stuff). Spritz the furniture, drapes, and surfaces with a spray made with mostly cheap vodka and a splash of white vinegar. No stains, no odor, and it evaporates in minutes!

    Burning candles in the house along with a couple nag champa sticks of incense in each room will overpower nearly anything, including you if you aren't careful.

    I am a participant in NaBloPoMo.

    Technorati Tags: Del.icio.us Tags: Flickr Tags: Furl Tags:

    2 comments:

    Lori Stewart Weidert said...

    Aww, my son and his friends bought me nag champa incense when they still used to hang out here. I lean toward the sandalwood myself.

    The newspaper trick is a dandy! I should have known that years ago when a party-goer at my house left venison steaks in a mini frig in the basement. Having no idea, I unplugged the thing after the party....

    It was weeks before someone thought to call and enquire about his venison...we had to throw the frig away.

    Anonymous said...

    You've been tagged! Get excited.