Ever So Tweetly

    follow me on Twitter

    Sunday, December 10, 2006

    Entrepreneurs Don't Sleep

    I participated in the Post-Thanksgiving Goal Writing Project run by Ben of Instigator blog recently. For the most part, I did it because writing down and advertising one's goals makes them somehow more solid, more real, and most importantly, more likely for you to acheive.

    What I didn't expect was a bit of a giggle out of the deal. Here's what he wrote about my entry in the project;

    "Whimspiration comes out strong with 11 goals ranging from those that many of us would share such as “spending more time with the kids” to the rather odd (and dare I say fairly unique!) including “breeding the rabbits”. Between breeding the rabbits, hanging with the kids, organizing her closets, and developing her ArtFoodFun website, I’m not sure when Whimspiration will breathe or sleep! Good luck!"

    Of course, breathing and sleeping are the bottom of my list this year, just like every other year, but I just had to let him know in the comments;

    "You know, I almost had twelve goals. The last one was “get enough sleep”, but I decided that would be nigh-on unattainable, so it got deleted at the last minute. *chuckle*
    Thanks for the motivation! "

    To which he responded;

    "Hi Whimspiration -- I didn't bother even thinking about "more sleep" - it's never going to happen. In fact, one of my blog goals is to wake up earlier! Thanks for stopping by and I'm glad I could provide a wee bit of motivation. And best of luck with those goals!"

    Gee, and here I was thinking I was part of a rare few. I'm glad to know I'm in such great (if chronically sleep-deprived) company!

    Now where's that Monafinil when I need it? *chuckle*

    1 comment:

    Todd said...

    Guess you go by the theory that if you're awake and busy, there's no reason to sleep until you absolutely have to, eh? *smile* Glad you're able to do it, I know I couldn't, which is why you're so successful! *smile* Neat that you got some cool comments :)