Ever So Tweetly

    follow me on Twitter

    Saturday, June 10, 2006

    Lunar Influence

    It was a full moon today, and that's the only explanation I have for how lovely it was all day. I'm definitely not complaining. *grin* Maybe I paid some sort of awful day toll yesterday and was overpaid, so had to have no icky today? Don't know, don't care, hope it is so good tomorrow.

    The phone was ringing off the hook again this morning, but it was all friends and no stress, so that's a pleasant change of pace. IA (previously written as IE because I forgot how to spell her name *chuckle*) stopped by with another load of baskets for future donations to charities and homeschooling conventions, and sales of gift baskets on the website. Keebler woke up and hit the ground running, digging up a good portion of the yard, putting in hooks for hanging the tomatoes, and hanging some laundry while I got the girls ready to go and checked a few emails. It was amazing!

    We went to the secular homeschool group's play day today and had a lot of fun. The kids built a geodesic dome out of rolled up tubes of newspaper, and I met several great new people, two of which had heard of me before, and one of which reads my blog! I guess my random blathering is more popular than I thought. *blush* I have friends I don't even know about! Hi everybody!!! *waves* With the help of DC, we convinced more new folks to come to The Radish's Monday potluck, and after the park, Ladybug went to 1984 with her friends (DC's kids). When they brought her back home, I gave DC some organic white watermelon seedlings that I had extra of.

    Dropped off at the grocery store and grabbed some extras for dinner, and our friend the security guy gave the girls (and us) some cookies. It's good to have friends. *smile* Keebler made burritoes for dinner while the girls & I rinsed & hung some more laundry. Blankets are a royal pain in the ear!

    After several days, the pond is looking much clearer, and Littlebit has taken to picking daylilly blossoms every day to float on the surface of the water. It's so pretty.

    Wee-e-Wee-e called when we were out. Eventually he will either leave a message or catch us at home. *laugh* I miss him, so it's good to hear his voice even if I haven't been able to chat with him yet.

    Took about 2 hours of digging, sorting, amending and mixing before it could be done, but we finally got 1X 4' swath of yard cleared enough of the horribly rootbound grass to be able to put some plants in. *grin* I hope I amended the soil enough so it will hold water & drain nicely for the melons I have in already. I figure melons go in the ground because the plants are so sprawling and the fruit is so heavy. I don't want to chance something falling off a vine because of weight issues before it's ripe. We watered them in with the natural fertilizer mixture, and sprinkled eggshells and cornmeal all offer the surrounding dirt. Par my usual planting method, I have tossed six melon plants into the tiny space and I expect them all to grow beautifully. Who ever reads the seed instructions anyway? I always plant "too close together" but only by a little bit, and my fertilization schedule usually takes care of any shared nutrient problems. *laugh* I really need to get more natural dirt though. I have a ton more plants to put into containers! *chuckle*

    Most horrible events of the day: Littlebit stepped on something in the park and now she has a swelling on the bottom of her foot, and both girls seem to think that tonight (this morning?) is stay-up-late-and-torment-mom-&-dad time. They SAY they can't get to sleep. *chuckle* I think they just had too much fun today and are still a bit wound up.

    1 comment:

    Anonymous said...

    * Wow, you had one busy day yesterday! But it sounds like you had a good one, so congrats on a job well done. *smile* Sorry to hear about Littlebit's foot, hope/sure it's nothing serious. As for the staying up late and can't get to sleep, been there, just
    recently. *grin*

    Rambleman