Ever So Tweetly

    follow me on Twitter

    Wednesday, May 24, 2006

    Screw the pickle buckets, I got the IPOD!!!


    There was an acoustic musical group playing at Panera Bread Monday afternoon. They sounded beautiful, and I knew someone from the group, so I took a picture. Of course we were driving, and I didn't get her in the shot (she plays the lap harp) but it was amazing to hear the instruments blend so seamlessly. Amongst other things, there was an accordion, a guitar, a Celtic accompaniment drum, a lap harp, dulcimer, fiddle, drums, pennywhistle, some wooden percussion thingie, and more. It was really neat, and a highlight to driving through the city. I wish we had been not in so much of a hurry, as we would have stopped and listened for a while.

    Finally shipped off the package to the conference. Cost us $35 to ship guaranteed overnight delivery. Whoever said that procrastinating doesn't hurt you any should talk to my wallet! *sigh* Anyway, that is finally done, even if I do now owe my mother $50 on the first of the month. :/ Here's what was in the package.


    Bought some more timothy hay and a new nesting box for bunny butt. I think I'll have to return the nesting box because it may be too small for both her and her babies when she has them. Not sure though, maybe I'll put it into her cage with her and we'll see how she fits? We also moved her cage into our bedroom today after cleaning up her literbox and plastic drop cloth that goes under her cage.

    Purchased 12 feeder goldfish. We got quite the pretty selection of them, but forgot to get any pictures before we dumped them into their various water catchment buckets. So far (6 hours later) we have only lost one little fishy, but that's a pretty good survival rate considering these are 29 cent fish from walmart. *snicker* Very pretty though, we were able to get a lot of varied colorations. We may end up with imitation koi if we don't watch it, as goldfish grow to fit their tanks, and they've plenty of yummy mosquito larvae to munch on. *grin*

    Dropped off and picked up some more dead hose at a Freecycle(tm) member's house, and received an open invitation to have all of her mulberries that we want. *chuckle* I wonder what she'd think if I scraped some of the mulberry birdie poop off of her ground too? I think mulberries are one of those seeds that have to go through digestion before they will sprout, and birdie doo is definitely easier to gather in a tissue and plant than trying to sandpaper scratch those tiny seeds by hand to reproduce the abrasions made by digestion. *laugh*

    Arranged several new plants in the bedroom for pretties and such. I'm rather pleased with the plants, but we still have to get things straightened up properly before the bedroom is finished. I swear, rearranging the house continually is the ONLY way that I can manage to stay in one place for any length of time. I have too much of the wanderlust otherwise. Likely the only way I''ll be happy with our property when we get it will be if I'm constantly messing with, changing, modifying, or building something. *laugh* Good thing I plan on it being a self sustaining farm. Hopefully that way I won't get bored with my surroundings. Though I do still plan on traveling the country from time to time with the family to go to festivals and the like. (I plan on having a caretaker who gets free rent for caring for the farm while we are gone.) *smile* Oh such BIG plans! *grin*

    We are trying to see how low we can get the utility bills to go. I know there are a lot of folks who advise curtaining the windows heavily in the summer to keep the sun from heating the house, but if I do, where will I get my sun from? I'm SUCH a light junkie. *laugh* I work most of the day inside at the computer. Without the sunlight streaming in through the windows, I'd die! Well, not literally, but you get the idea. *chuckle*

    Didn't get to bed until about 1pm, then napped until about 8pm off and on. We were absolutely exhausted! It's only 11:40 right now, and I'm already tired again. *yawn*

    I would like to formally thank all of those who signed the save the internet petition during the contest, as well as those who signed it before, and those who continue to get more folks to sign it. Yes, it is still an important thing to me to save the internet, and I love contests, so the week of the contest was doubly fun. *smile* I didn't expect to be in the top 10 people who gathered the most signatures during the week, as I don't know a lot of people who sign stuff, but I was, likely because of my going out on food and accosting strangers.



    Who says you can't get a free IPOD off the net? *giggle* It is the cutest thing I have ever seen in electronics. The touch sensitive selector wheel is a gas, and the hold switch is ideal for a traveling music machine. I never wanted one of these, but it's pretty interesting and well designed machine, so I can definitely understand the draw now. *smile* I was most impressed however, with the quality of the packaging. The box itself is sturdy black paperboard with a satin finish. The writing on the box is recessed and printed in gold high gloss inks. There is literally no wasted packaging space, as everything is packed not only in a very beautiful and classy manner, but is also packed safely in the least possible amount of space. I also liked that replacement adhesive foam earbud covers included with the initial purchase..It's the little touches that count for the most.

    1 comment:

    Anonymous said...

    So, spill it! Where do *we* get a free IPOD? What's the catch?

    Rambleman