Ever So Tweetly

    follow me on Twitter

    Tuesday, April 18, 2006

    Self Portrait Tuesday - Silly Me




    Alright, I admit it, this is not a rare expression for me, but this IS the only time it has been caught on camera. *laugh* Taken at work on a day that I had chosen to wear my dreads up for effect.

    Really, all you have to do to see this in person is walk or drive by me several times while blatantly staring. I have a method for getting folks to stop staring. It starts out pretty nice, I just smile and wave. This works for most people, they realize they were being rude, and look away. Others are a little harder to convince, so they get this, sometimes combined with the token head shake that makes the bell in my hair jingle for added effect. *snicker* If they still don't stop staring at that point, I generally chuckle and walk off, or walk up and say hello. *wry smirk*
    I only really like people staring at me when I'm entertaining them on purpose.

    Small children get the head shake at random when they stare, and a big smile, sometimes with a wink. It helps to reassure them that everyone is different,and that's alright. Heck, I'm part clown, what with being a professional face painter and all, even if I don't ever wear silly makeup and a costume, right?

    1 comment:

    Anonymous said...

    I love your hair!!!! nice expression, too, and great tip about how to make people stop staring.. you go, girl :)

    Thanks for your comment on my blog, too!