Ever So Tweetly

    follow me on Twitter

    Saturday, April 08, 2006

    Resourcefulness

    Where to start?

    Backstory: About 3 weeks ago I made an order to one of my suppliers for some of the ingredients for products. It never arrived. When I called them about it, they told me they just *whoopsie* up and lost my order! They finally find it while I'm on the phone with them, but I am told that they are out of stock and don't know when they will receive a new shipment. I should call back next month to check if they have more in. *sigh*

    I take a week finding the ingredient locally and end up paying double what I usually do. So I'm short on cash and over a week behind schedule. I make the product, label, package, and ship super-express guaranteed. (see post "Product, Product Everywhere!" on Monday, April 03, 2006) THEN my customer tells me that the deadline has been moved back due to a cancellation. *sardonic chuckle*


    Yesterday: I'm over a week behind on all of my scheduling, and I'm stripping brain-gears trying to catch up. I have product due to be shipped out by a minimum deadline of day-before-yesterday. Of course I panic something feirce for about an hour. Still working furiously to finish the FizZ and the fliers, it hit me. Thankfully the brainstormed solution to my problem dosen't hurt much on impact. *grin* I post to the forum of the event I'm shipping product to. "I need a ride to the event for one small box, and I'm willing to pay $10." I get a reply and a private message with a phone number within 3 hours of my post. Fate is kind.

    Today: The driver arranges pickup (he's kind too, I was planning to deliver it to him) meets me near my house and the box is on it's way. We all chat for about 45 minutes (We love meeting new people) and he leaves. We breathe a deep sigh of relief. Thanks Jamie, you are a life saver!

    Somehow, things just seem to work themselves out, even if they do need a bit of creative nudge from time to time. *beam* Life is good, rushed, but good.

    2 comments:

    Anonymous said...

    Sounds like a bit of stress. *hugs* I'm sure you'll perservere though, don't you always?

    Rambleman

    TheyDHD said...

    Sometimes, after it's over, I wonder how, but yes, we always manage to pull through. :)