Ever So Tweetly

    follow me on Twitter

    Wednesday, April 19, 2006

    Inspire Me - Spring



    Title: Dandelion Cookies
    Meduim: Acrylic on recycled paper
    Size: 8X8"

    A snippet of the guidelines for this week's challenge:
    "Go outside, take a walk, pick up pieces of spring or remnants of the past seasons, bring them home with your collected thoughts and create."

    What my family did to achieve the final result:
    I went on a walk with my family and looked at nature, we picked up a bunch of the pieces of spring, brought them home, and made art out of them. Culinary art, dandelion cookies. YUM! Then I made a painting about making dandelion cookies. Yes, the incongruous angles and complete lack of perspective was purposeful.

    Pardon the water wrinkled on the paper, I think it works well with the idea of cooking though. I know what my recipe book pages look like, and the accidental spills give the pages character.

    These challenges are really helping me spread my wings and try new styles & techniques as an artist. *grin*

    5 comments:

    carla said...

    How can you post a wonderful picture like this along with such a neat little story, and then not give us the recipe! How do you make dandelion cookies? I love the pile of blossoms you drew.

    carla said...

    P.S. - I hope that didn't sound unpleasant...I just love the painting and the idea sounds so wonderful, so i'm curious about the cookies:>

    Tongue in Cheek Antiques said...

    baking up spring! Deliciously!!

    TheyDHD said...

    Carla, You didn't sound unpleasant in the least. *smile* I sound exactly the same when I have been denied a tasty tidbit of information.

    No worries, I could hear the smile in your words. :D

    turquoise cro said...

    I used dandelions too! for my art! Some people really get angry with dandelions but I think they are pretty!!!