Ever So Tweetly

    follow me on Twitter

    Tuesday, April 25, 2006

    Brrr!

    It's freezing cold outside, and with the continuous thunderstorms predicted and our current level of precipitation, I wouldn't be surprised if we woke up to snow in the morning. Needless to say, we have brought the plants back inside for the night. I'll be glad when we get the sheeting back up on the greenhouse so we can just keep them in there until the threat of frost passes, but it seems there is no time for the little things like that when we have so much to do with the girls and around the house.

    Bush gave a speech today catering to public desires for green energy & lower gas prices in an effort to raise his public opinion in the polls. I don't think it did much good. *wry smirk* Speaking of gas prices & planetary health, I'm going to force Keebler to fix my new bike ASAP so I don't have to drive the places that're too far to walk. These gas prices are killing our budget, and the fact that we have a HUGE 1977 car at the moment doesn't do much for our conservation efforts in that regard. *sigh* On the bright side, it gives me more reason to nag Keeb about my bike, we're all getting more exercise from walking everywhere we can, and we're more motivated to help the environment by using people power more often. *grin* Home-made family bike-car, here we come!

    Next on the agenda: take a nap, quit smoking, repair bicycle, remove an unnecessary wire from car, fix greenhouse, schedule vermicomposting workshop, complete the neighbor's house stage of the beautification project, and finish printing the fliers. *tired smile* At least today was mostly rest. I'm off to my nap.

    No comments: