Ever So Tweetly

    follow me on Twitter

    Wednesday, June 30, 2010

    Testing, Testing 1,2, Oops!

    Been feeling really great for the past few days now, with very little soreness or overt tiredness, so when a friend of mine got stranded about 250 miles north of my hometown, I decided to go out with DH to pick him up. Not only that, but I took a shift driving, and printed out several geocaches to find on the way up.

    We found 8 caches! I hiked on some pretty serious rocky terrain, traipsed through three fields, and felt great the whole time.

    I thought I was in the clear and all better, but once we got to the hotel and I ate FAR too much of a burger that was WAY too big, I really started to feel it.

    So I'm not better enough to pick up and really do what I'd like yet, as I had hoped. I'm very sore, extremely tired, and my tummy hurts from eating too much.

    I took 1/4 of one of my serious pain pills, and that did the trick to take the edge off the worst of the pain.

    But despite how much I am hurting, it was SO worth it! (especially since I'm not experiencing any other, more serious complications)

    Unfortunately, I'm going to have to back off a bit tomorrow, when we head back with our passenger to prevent this from happening again. I will be geocaching again tomorrow, but not nearly as many, and I'll likely not do any driving until we get back into our home town.

    Lesson learned?

    1 comment:

    Todd said...

    Good to hear you're feeling a lot better. *hugs* Hope DH is doing okay too.