Ever So Tweetly

    follow me on Twitter

    Thursday, November 19, 2009

    Too Busy For Words

    Emi, a friend's sister wrote in her journal the other day, and I just have to share some of it with you.

    "I am burning the candle at both ends, and maybe a bit in the middle too. I feel like there's not enough me to be all the places doing all the things thinking all the thoughts I want to be."

    Wow, I couldn't have said it better myself!

    She goes on to say quite a bit that can be adapted to our life, so without further ado, my edits (like this) apply to our family, inserted into her words.

    "Noveling has (My house & children have) to remain a huge priority, because there's no way in hell I'm not striving for that 50,000 (the completed remodel & well-adjusted kids) when I've (we've) already come so far, plus I'm really enjoying and growing form and incredibly happy with the NaNoWriMo experience (direction our lives seem to moving towards). But I can't cut drum practice (Tupperware parties) out of my schedule, because I have paid gigs (good party attendance) now, and when someone pays you (books a party), you have an obligation to sound really good (be amazing at the party, and get them the most goodies for free possible). I also have to study for my learner's permit (work with the kids on their education), another essential thing because I need to get it before the laws here change and make me have to pay 1,500$ (I want to make sure they can pass the little test-prep exams I want to give them at the end of the year). Plus my social life is a consideration. It had already been taking back seat, and now I'm shoving it even farther back into the trunk of this metaphorical car, and if I'm not careful I'll tip it out the back onto the highway and speed away, and that I do not want(!!!). My online social life is dying is as well, and I haven't even considered replying to a RP since November started (actually made it through to the end of my email in far too long)... Not to mention I've been meaning to get my room (house) cleaned out and repainted and redecorated for months. I'm sick of living in (what I feel is verging on) a disaster that doesn't reflect my personality or provide a good atmosphere, and I'm really hyped to get it how I want it to look, but I just don't have the time. I really want to get serious about selling plushies (Getting products ready for Vision Con in January), I need the money badly, but I haven't sewed a thing since November started (ordered any of the supplies yet) either. And now there's plans and shopping for Christmas on top of all that, as if that mountain wasn't enough..."

    You can see why I chose her to copy a bit from, right? After all, she said it nearly perfectly, and it's not like I actually have TIME to blog right now... *laugh*

    But life is good for us. *smile* Do, please, go read her blog. Her commentary on her love of words is simply beautiful, and it brought to mind many things I had not thought about in far too long.

    http://moordred-fangirl.deviantart.com/journal/28357941

    No comments: