(5+ can help parents or older children with some steps)
- Clove & cinnamon essential oil,
- Vanilla-scented candle wax bits in clear. (small bag)
- Fallen autumn leaves
- Glass baking dish
- Corn cob holders
- Stirring stick or spoon
- Large pan (that the baking dish will fit into)
- Whatever else strikes your fancy from your outdoor collection bag or kitchen (nuts, seeds, twigs, spices)
- Pillar candles (unscented, vanilla, pumpkin, gingerbread, or apple work best, but pine may also be used)
- Place vanilla wax into glass dish and add one drop each of the essential oils.
- Put 2 cups water into the large pan.
- Place glass dish into large pan and heat on medium-high until wax is melted.
- Stir wax to incorporate the essential oils well.
- Put corn cob holders into the tops of the pillar candles.
- Remove label from bottom of candle.
- Roll candles in melted wax for one full turn, carefully avoiding touching the bottom of the pan.
- Artfully arrange decorative herbs, spices, and findings on the hot wax.
- Roll the candle again in the scented wax and let sit on waxed paper to cool.
- Cut out the waxed paper the candle was sitting on to fit the candle.
- (optional) Create your own custom under-candle label.
- Remove corn-spear from top of candle, and place in the bottom of the candle.
- Dip top of candle in melted wax.
- Let candle cool on it's side for 2 minutes.
- Roll candle in melted wax once more.
- Remove corn-spear from bottom of candle.
- Affix label to the bottom of the candle.
- Set upright to cool for 1 hour
- (optional) wrap in tissue paper or clear gift-basket wrap and tie with a bow for gift-giving.
Photos copyright All Occasions Gits.