Ever So Tweetly

    follow me on Twitter

    Monday, July 07, 2008

    In Suport of Creativity

    A group of college girls got together and decided to make a calendar of themselves (geek girls), and sell it to raise some extra money for college. I love the fact that they thought of this, and that they've added geek holidays like pi day and sci-fi conventions to the calendar itself.

    Please click on the image for an enlarged view, and go to their website to buy yourself a copy.

    I have a sneaking suspicion that one of the girls is a homeschool graduate as well, due to the fact that I heard about the calendar from one of the home education groups I'm a member of.

    I must admit that I used the images from the site so I could advertise their calendar without permission, but since I'm advertising for them to get more sales, (and thus more money towards their education), I don't think they'd really mind. I started out making a one-page flier to take to a group of gamers I know, and it turned out so well that I had to share it with you too. Just to make sure it's okay that I've used their images this way, I've alerted one of the folks who helped to create the calendar. *smile*

    You know you want a copy!

    UPDATE: Two of the lovely women involved in creating the calendar. The producer, and Librarian Geek were both homeschool graduates!

    1 comment:

    mamagotcha said...

    Thanks for your support, and for spreading the word!

    Katje