Ever So Tweetly

    follow me on Twitter

    Wednesday, February 27, 2008

    Review: Ground Xero Is Teh Coolness

    When I'm in the mood for a heavy beat, good conversation, and free WiFi, I like to take myself and my little laptop over to Ground Xero to work. It's Springfield's only gamer-friendly club, hosting gaming nights twice a week, great goth/industrial/techno music and concerts from both local and internationally acclaimed performers and bands. There's plenty of room to dance, ample seating, and two lounge areas if you want to feel a bit secluded. Offering four different juices and soda, I can stay for a while and still not let liquor touch my lips, but if you want a drink, Zac at the bar mixes a mean Bloody Mary. The drink prices are fabulous, the decor perfect, and there's always time for a little one on one chat.

    A little known night club on north-central Springfield, Ground Xero is the only locally-owned bar that started up with less than $75,000, but you wouldn't know it to look at the place.

    So come on in for a visit, I'll be the dreaddy chik with the laptop, typing away and talking loudly over the music with old friends, and new comrades.

    You can find Ground Xero on Myspace at GXProductions and on Second Life via the link on their website.

    [where: 1107 east commercial, Springfield, MO 65802] Map

    1 comment:

    Anonymous said...

    Might have to drop by next time we're in town. The Sexy Lady's been itching for some good techno to dance to, as the only club here in town that we go to for any reason (her friend's dad is the DJ there) only plays crappy hip-pop remixes of bad 70s songs.

    That's right. I did, indeed, say "hip-hop disco remixes."

    -The Leprechaun. Now with short hair!