Ever So Tweetly

    follow me on Twitter

    Thursday, November 08, 2007

    News

    Ya know how they say that no news is good news?

    Yeah, well, I have news. *sigh*

    I've been putting off writing this for a while, hoping that something would change somehow.

    Nothing has.

    My grandmother has inoperable advanced and fast-spreading cancer. It hasn't spread beyond her bladder yet, but it is the type that gets bad quick if it decides to. They say she's "too old" to have the effected parts surgically removed, or to have chemotherapy, even if she wanted to chose one of those options.

    My knowledge of natural healing, a couple of highly recommended books, and the grace of deity are going to be the only things keeping her with us for much longer.

    My mother has a serious heart condition that will eventually need open heart surgery in order to replace a valve in her heart with a mechanical one. It's not so bad that it needs to be done immediately, but it likely will get bad enough in the next few years to be a necessity, so we're doing the weight-loss regimen and everything necessary to prepare for the inevitable surgery.

    Still haven't heard a peep from the government about the housing situation, and I'm beginning to make my own alternative plans for living out the next year safe, fed, and warm. I've never wanted to rely on them in the first place, and it looks like now we won't have the option.

    I am a participant in NaBloPoMo.

    Technorati Tags: Del.icio.us Tags: Flickr Tags: Furl Tags:

    2 comments:

    Todd said...

    So sorry to hear about the health problems of your loved ones. *HUGS*

    Also, isn't or wasn't there some sort of deadline for the housing authorities to get you into a place to live? Well, there should be. Hopefully you'll get to move in soon.

    TheyDHD said...

    They don't have any deadlines on when they have to get things done, but they give me deadlines of like 2-30 days to get things done for them. *sigh*