Ever So Tweetly

    follow me on Twitter

    Friday, October 19, 2007

    Yahell Ads

    So I clicked on a banner ad. *hangs head in shame* I know, bad idea, time waster, and all that rot, but it was a cute add, innovative and eye-catching. The least I could do for a company with a splash of creativity is give them a click-through and see what they had to say, right?

    Columbia is some sort of sports or camping gear supply place from what I gleaned, and they are having this little contest to see who can be the toughest on their products. They're looking for product testers who can really prove their stuff is the sturdiest and the best, and they're inviting folks to tell what their worst test would be.

    There is a winner chosen weekly, who will get a product of their choice, and a chance to test out new products in their line in the future. There is also a big fancy grand prize of a trip to somewhere cold and rugged for a vacation of freezing one's buns off, hiking, and eating food out of a can for one. Yeah, thanks, I'll take the value of that trip in cash. *laugh*

    But I just had to take a second to join in on the fun as usual per my current work-avoidance practices, and here's what I wrote;

    "Tough test sportswear? No problem. I have two kids, 6 & 13 and a husband. Sometimes doing our best does the worst! My car has a permanent rack made out of fence timbers bolted to the roof because one day we needed a truck.

    I can (& have) used articles of clothing or other gear as tie-downs for the car in the rain, sleet, and snow, flags for stuff sticking out too far, and more. I always say that I don't own anything that's not heavy duty, because anything that's not, I don't own for long. Stuff breaks quick around here.

    The real tough test, however, would be letting my 6yo wear it for a single day. If she can't demolish it in 30 minutes, it's a good bet it'll last years with "normal" use."

    We were only allowed 700 characters. *grin* Whaddya think?

    3 comments:

    lovelife said...

    O you are so going to be a teater for them. Good luck.
    how is the new place going and what happend to the rude people at the store?

    TheyDHD said...

    I have not yet received any correspondence from the managerial branch regarding the store rundeness incident.

    New place is still on hold because the government office is filled with a bunch of slow-poke dolts.

    Todd said...

    Sorry to hear about the government dolts, but I'm not surprised. As for the sportswear, hope you get selected as a tester. Good luck with that! :-)