Ever So Tweetly

    follow me on Twitter

    Friday, September 15, 2006

    Working Working Working, Wop

    A really superb picture of the mystery plant's flower.

    "Miss suzy had a bicycle, she learned to ride it well. Ran it into a telephone pole, and broke it all to peices, wop" -The Smothers Brothers

    Fingers to the bone and all that jazz.

    Lots getting done today. Went to work for a bit while everyone else hung out at park day. Afterwards, we ran home so that I could write a report before my mother showed up to drive us all to a family movie that she wanted us all to watch. I didn't quite make it to the finishing the report deadline when she arrived and honked at my door. (she prefers to annoy the neighbors than to get a tiny bit of exercise by getting out of the car and knocking on the door like a human). So I stop my work and we load into her car.

    The movie was "Nanny McPhee". I didn't see all of it as I was doing other things in the library while the kidslettes were occupied, but I did see the last hour, and I can say it is a "Mary Poppins" for their generation. My mother proclaimed it a cross between "Mary Poppins" and "The Sound of Music" (what with the widower and the seven kids and all, but it's not a musical). It was a really good children's film, with just enough "dark" in it to appeal to teenagers too.

    After we got back home, I finished my report while the family set out to clean and straighten the yard and parking areas in preperation for the workshop tomorrow.

    I have to get everything ready and loaded into the car for the alternative picnic because we're piling into the car directly after we take down the workshop and heading over to the pavillion at Grant Beach Park for that event (starts at 4pm and ends at 8pm or so, everyone's welcome,. bring something to eat, and drums if you got 'em). That'll have to wait until morning when we're setting the rest of everything up for the workshop though, because I'm exhausted.

    Do you ever feel like no matter how hard you work, or how much you do in a day, there are a thousand other things waiting in the wings, just begging to get done, and you'll never finish it all no matter how fast you go?


    Technorati Tags:

    1 comment:

    Todd said...

    Sounds like you're going to be busy... still. *smile* Hope the workshop goes well, as does everything else.