Ever So Tweetly

    follow me on Twitter

    Wednesday, June 28, 2006

    Another Reason Why I Don't "do" The National Rainbow Gathering

    While I'm all for people forcing police to allow others to visit a free and peaceful gathering of like minded individuals, I am not for the signing of permits, the use of violence, or the punishing of individuals for attending an event. I mean really, what if I invited some folks to go camping in the woods with me, and they invited all of their friends. Should my friends or I be punished because a load of people showed up? I don't think so.

    I won't go to a national gathering because of the a-camp (alcohol camp), the random fights that break out nowadays, the idiots going to gathering near theit (pregnancy) due date with nobody with them that knows anything about delivering babies, the thefts, and more that are rampant at the more recent events.

    This next week July 1-7 we will be at "The Gathering of The Tribes", an alternate (but not competing) event that happens in a few lucky states. There is no a-camp, and it is much closer to what the origional Rainbow Gathering was supposed to be. Non-violent, everyone sharing and helping eachother out, and like minded individuals sharing time, food, and thoughts with one another. I'd be afraid to take my kids to a national, but the Gathering of The Tribes? Its like family. See you there! *grin*


    CLARK — The Rainbow Family peace gathering turned hostile Tuesday when agroup of attendees began hurling rocks and sticks at law enforcement officers, U.S. Forest Service officials said.

    The incident forced the officers to abandon a checkpoint they had established near the entrance to the Rainbow gathering campsite in NorthRoutt County, Forest Service spokes woman Diann Ritschard said. Officers had not returned to the checkpoint as of Tuesday afternoon.

    The rest of the story: *MainStreet*<http://www.freerepublic.com/~mainstreet/>

    No comments: