Ever So Tweetly

    follow me on Twitter

    Tuesday, May 02, 2006

    Pissy, Quitting Smoking, Shopping, Library, Cave

    Today was a rather pissy day, Keebler's starting to think that I always think he's doing something wrong when that's all in his head, and that seems to cause him to growl at me when I say anything to him. It looks like our relationship is disintegrating before my eyes. Already I can't honestly say that I love him more than I would a friend. Something's gotta give, and it ain't gonna be me, 'cause I ain't done nuthin' wrong. *sigh*

    Today we cut our smoking drastically and we are each allowed 4 cigarettes for the day. Tomorrow will be less. We are trying the "slow is easier " approach this time because last time Keeb felt denied and went begging smokes from the neighbors and sneaking drags everywhere behind my back. Sad thing is, He did it AFTER the nicotine had left his system so he was really just prolonging the torture to himself, and the rest of the family because he was so crabby all of the time. I sure hope he has a bit more honor this time 'round. He's been smoking steadily for about 14 years, but jeez, it can't be that hard! I quit at random just because I feel like it, and stay quit for years until I decide to start up again. *rolls eyes* I dunno, I guess I shoudn't scoff. I mean some people just have a harder time with these things, right?

    We went shopping for the big items on our monthly list & paid the bills. I'll be checking my bank account shortly to see how much damage I've done. Saw a good friend while we were out, and stayed to chat for a bit. Couldn't stay for long, had too much to do. Though I do hope to see him again soon before he has to go back to the boat. We also dropped in at the library to return & exchange, and wandered into a live video tour of the oldest cave in the US (they think). It is the only cave with a permanent fiber optic installation, and they hope to have the whole thing set up for video tours by tis time next year. They've already found two mammoths in the sedementary mud. (they aren't disturbing the rocks or formations) It was really neat getting to see inside the cave live, but, even then, we had to run. Too much to do, too little time to do it all in. *sigh*

    On a positive note, we managed to cut about $30 off of our utility bill this past month, and considering I still think we're being horribly wasteful, there's a really good chance that we can increase our savings even more. *grin* I think I'll make another solar oven. *ponder*

    Got invited to do a spot for a local TV show about natural pest control. I'm brushing up on my facts, just in case I'm asked a question I'm not extremely familiar with. I'll be doing that tomorrow at some local park.

    Haven't been getting many pictures lately and the blog is looking a bit bland. I'll make a concerted effort to take a few more tomorrow and maybe find time for a challenge. *smile*

    Wow, I must be tired, I just tried to wave a fly off of the computer screen using the cursor! *chuckle*

    No comments: