Ever So Tweetly

    follow me on Twitter

    Friday, May 19, 2006

    Noctournal Reclaimations

    Yet another night for dumpster diving, and we have located the elusive kitchen sink! *laugh* No, we didn't take it with us, the car was already full, but we thought it would be funny to get a picture of it at least. Though, now that I'm looking back at it, I know of several folks who would have loved to have made it into a decorative planter for herbs. Ah well, hindsight is 20-20 as they say. And the car was full, yeah, that's my excuse! *laugh*

    We stopped by one of our favorite mulberry trees during the diving trip (It's right next to a dumpster) and picked enough fruit to make a wild spread for the morning's toast. Of course, since this one is fruiting, I can near guarantee the ones closer to our house are fruiting as well, so we will likely be out harvesting again tomorrow on the other trees in the area, and do some canning. *grin*

    Yes, I have a bowl on my head, no it isn't held on with anything. *smile* I just have really good balance. Heck, a girl's only got two hands, and bending over all the time to deposit berries is awfully hard on the back. *chuckle* Though the kids did have a bit of a time putting the berries into the bowl while it was up there, it was terribly convenient for me to just drop the berries onto my own head while harvesting. Of course we left plenty of food for the birds & squirrels when we were done. *smile*

    The girls had a blast pulling berries and running them over to me. In the morning, we will rinse them and prepare a quick homemade spread. *smile*

    Today's dumpster catch:
    a high quality computer chair missing two bolts, two vacuum cleaners, a stainless steel folding dish rack, a large piece of luggage filled with goodies we haven't sorted yet, a whole trash bag full of unopened canned goods and boxed foods, a portable spa, a coffee maker (missing caraffe), several shoe boxes, two matching snow sleds, a dining chair in good shape, the brass bowl (as seen on my head in one of the pictures above), a large box of clothes (clean), a Clorox brand Swiffer-type mop (I like these best because you can refill the cleaner bottle with pain vinegar and use that instead of the cleaning solution ad infinitum), brand new cleaning supplies, several really nice shipping boxes, two really large fans, a silverware organizer, a toilet seat cover, and several towels. I still missed some stuff, I just know it. *laugh* We had a lot of fun.

    Tomorrow we will do more, weather permitting, and if finances allow us to buy more gas for the land yacht. *yawn* It's past time for bed.

    1 comment:

    Anonymous said...

    Oh, that's what that is, couldn't tell at first :-) Yeah, you do have good balance. E does too, and can actually walk with
    things on his head without them falling off. -smile-

    Rambleman