Ever So Tweetly

    follow me on Twitter

    Sunday, May 28, 2006

    Brought to you by the number 9, and the word "Consequences"

    Went to the store and got more fish food this morning because the food we bought earlier has mysteriously vaporized into thin air. Fed the fish (of course) and transferred some of them into the kiddie pool to eat the larvae that live in there. I'm thinking that we'll make the kiddie pool into a natural pond that the kids can swim in at this point, because no matter how hard we try, or how many times a day we "vacuum" it, it still is really dirty. At least with a "natural pond" we could not waste water, add a few aquatic plants, and have it still be a cooling off place for the girls while looking a bit more like it was meant to have dirt lining the bottom. *laugh* Maybe I should line it with a black trash bag so it looks more like a real decorative pond?

    Worked in the garden a bit this afternoon, planted some heirloom Indian blue corn (we'll be digging up an area behind the shed where the mower doesn't go for the corn to grow in once the seedlings are well established). Drilled some plant holes in our pickle buckets to plant upside-down tomatoes in. While we were messing around in the garden, I heard Midge talking in a nearby parking lot, so Littlebit and I wandered over to say hello. Midge is running for congress (Vote4Potts.com), and she's going to be in a documentary film about regular people (not career politicians) campaigning for public office. (at least that's what I think it is about from what I've heard)

    Just before dinner, we discovered that the riblets I purchased in the brown box at the store were not the little barbecue riblets that we usually buy, and instead were some sort of boneless pork meat. No worries, it was still on sale, and we still got a great deal. Looks like we will be barbecuing again very soon. :)

    I got an IM from a friend asking me if I had any spare condoms for a friend of her's wedding. It's I knew just where to get some of the lovely balloons for free. I'm sure the happy couple will be surprised. *chuckle* The things my friends ask me for help with. *laugh*

    The kids came back this afternoon, and were very well behaved until we got home, at which time Ladybug became obstinate and demanded to stay up until the sun rose in the morning. Um... I think not. She's in bed now, but I find it amazing that she can cry "abuse" and "unfair" when we are telling her she can't stay up all night long. Hells, I even offered to wake her up a bit before sunrise so she could watch it but she refused. Some people's kids! *smirk*

    Went to Storm & Hematite's house to pick up another busted hose, and picked some sour cherries from their tree. They don't like the cherries, so we get to try and make jam out of them *grin* Too fun! If the jam/jelly turns out really tasty, we may just end up planting a few of the pits for ourselves. Of course we will give them a couple of jars as well if it turns out right. We stayed to talk, as we all really enjoy each other's company. Keebler got a really good job offer that would require me to have to drive him to work every morning at around 4am. Not really my cup of tea, but if it is what he wants to do then I'll be happy to oblige him until he gets a license and his car up to date (insurance, inspection, tags) so that he can drive his own darned self.

    Storm, Keebler and I had a beer, and then things got interesting. I gave Keeb the last 1/2 of my beer, Storm mixed himself a drink, and then he gave Keeb about a 1/8 bottle of Jose Quervo Classico and a shot glass. It didn't take long for the word of the day to become "consequences", usually said after or before Keebler took a shot. *laugh* He became really snookered, and was terribly amusing to watch, especially with Storm antagonizing him. We all drink so very rarely, that getting even slightly drunk is about a 1-3 times a year thing, maximum. Tonight, Keebler was terribly smashed, having drank 1.5 beers (usually his limit is two beers) and 9 shots of tequila.

    He was so drunk, that he came up with a reason of why I cough when I am laughing sometimes. He explains that my innocence and my irony get caught in my throat each vying to get out first, which causes a clog and I have to cough to get it cleared thus letting them both out at the same time. *chuckle* Makes as much sense as anything else. *shrug*

    After the drinking, there was much more socializing, and homemade smoked ribs. I've never had smoked meat before, and this was delicious! We fed some of the bones to the household's dogs, and kept a few to give to our ratties when we got back home.

    Speaking of ratties, I forgot to mention that we acquired two 6mo females yesterday. They are adorable, and are learning how to get used to being spoiled. They had been delivered to the small animal rescue in a child's small shoe box (in the picture, now being used as a toy). I can only imagine that they were fed tap water and "rodent" food (meaning stuff made for herbivorous creatures, not scavengers like rats. There are several things in those commercial rodent feeds that are undigestable for rats, like alfalfa). Colorations: Dark brown & white silvered cap stripe w/ black eyes, fawn and cream cap stripe w/ruby eyes. Anyway, they are exceedingly friendly and tolerant little ladies, and I am very glad to have been able to give them a happy forever home. *smile*



    The females had no clue what to do with the bones, same as they had no clue what to do with the tiny chocolate pieces or the peanut I tried to give them earlier, but I think they'll get the idea pretty quickly. *smile* Of course, the boys had a complete blast, ripped them out of my hands, then ran all over their cage trying to find out who had the bigger bone so they could fight over it. *laugh* Brotherly love & sibling rivalry, ain't it great?

    1 comment:

    Anonymous said...

    "Went to Storm & Hematite's house to pick up another busted hose"

    * If you need more hose, come and visit us. We've got some garden hose just laying around outside, but you'll have to come and get
    it. :-)

    "Keebler was terribly smashed, having drank 1.5 beers
    (usually his limit is two beers) and 9 shots of
    tequila."

    * That's a lot of Tequila! :-) I drank some of that last month. Didn't do *anything* for me, but I think I didn't drink the shots
    fast enough. What can I say, I didn't know. I was spacing the shots out - about 1 every half hour or so. R mentioned *afterwards* that you need to drink them one right after the other, or at least NOT 60 minutes in between. LOL.

    "Speaking of ratties, I forgot to mention that we
    acquired two 6mo females yesterday."

    * Congratulations! :-)

    Rambleman