Ever So Tweetly

    follow me on Twitter

    Friday, April 14, 2006

    Strangers & Police

    So we're all minding our own business. Ladybug & Littlebit are playing outside in the dirt, Keebler is helping the neighbors fix a computer and keeping an eye on the kids, and I am taking a much needed nap when I am awoken by Ladybug telling me that the police are at the door. *sigh*

    It seems that Littlebit was playing (where we told her she could in the grass next door) and some busybody college student came up to her on his scooter to talk to her. She came straight home. He drove away. Pretty innocent, right? Nope. The kid calls the police because there is some "unattended little kid playing in the parking lot". Is it just me or do these people exaggerate for fun now days?

    So anyway, one of the officers is one of them who was there for the miscommunication event several months ago, and he has decided to play "bad cop". Why do I have to deal with all of the stupid?!

    When he got the call, and the area it was in, he immediately came over to my house (where both girls were playing together contentedly in the dirt within sight of their dad) and tells me that the only reason he's not calling social services again is because Littlebit's shirt doesn't match the color given in the description of the child, and she was where she belonged when he arrived. *hiss spit*

    Personally, I think he shouldn't base his assumptions on the fact that we are in the area and have children so it must be our kids, and come accost us. I KNOW she was never in the parking lot, even when her sister was riding her bike there this morning (with permission). She was confined to the grass nearby (safer there). Littlebit's a good kid, she knows her rules and her boundaries.

    It's almost like this particular officer has some sort of grudge against my kids. We don't need this crap. *sigh* I bet if there were vandalism in the area, he would come over here and try to tag us for that too. Fragging Stereotyping idiot.

    Right after they left, (I was too riled to get back to sleep) I started in checking my email, and what do I see? A log house for sale on 32 acres, 50 miles east of where we are now. It's got a well, 3 bedrooms, a pond, central heat & air, a fireplace, and a screened in porch. Almost $150,000. In my dreams. Maybe someday we will be able to afford a parcel of land large enough to be "away from prying, busybodies". Like I said, I can dream. :/

    No comments: