Ever So Tweetly

    follow me on Twitter

    Friday, April 14, 2006

    My Work Hands




    I consider my hands to be somewhat ethereal and otherworldly, so I digitally edited the color in this picture to show the magic and depth that I see in my hands. These hands are so much more than tools. They are the vessels through which my spirit flows in all things. From planting a seed to cooking dinner for my children, and of course, my art, my hands are constantly working, and always full of love.

    My hands are small and meaty, yet strong. The nails are short & dirty from the wear of near constant activity. I have tiny marks, scratches and scars from the many times I have mysteriously damaged myself without my own knowledge. I wear only simple sterling silver rings out of the utilitarian need to keep clothing snags at bay and ease of cleaning.

    I'd never given much thought to my hands before, but this week's Studio Thursday topic has given me cause to seriously contemplate them.

    I love my work hands.

    8 comments:

    Jennifer S. said...

    thanks for your comments on my blog today. Your photo turned out very cool. Awesome, busy hands!

    Going For Greatness said...

    You really painted a visiual today with your words. The photo turned out great too!
    I agree with you, our hands are vessels thru which our love flows! All too often we forget to appreciate our most precious tools; our hands! We so SO MUCH with them yet give them little or no thought. I think today's entry for Studio Friday is a great tribute to recognise that which enables us to create! Have a great weekend! I look forward to next Friday's journey!!
    ~ Gabi

    Christina Hankins said...

    Your thoughts regarding your hands are wonderfully insightful. Our hands really do tell a story about the lives we live.

    Webmaster said...

    I love my work hands too! My hands are also other worldly and ethereal, but I have to see the reaction in other people to remember that. I often get so caught up in the little moments in life, that I forget what a joy these artistic hands can bring to the lesser artistically gifted.

    justjohanna said...

    love what you did to the photo colors. it looks great!

    Jenny said...

    Your photo turned out great! I think the topic of our hands is fascinating, and definitely worth all the recognition we have given them this week!

    Debbie said...

    great colours and what a fab photo! I love my work hands too and im pleased i picked this week to make a start on the studio projects! :)

    madretz said...

    Ou! Love how you edited your artistic hand...they look like they can do magic!