Ever So Tweetly

    follow me on Twitter

    Saturday, April 15, 2006

    Illustration


    Title: Spotted
    Medium: Acrylic paint on Recycled paper
    Size: 4X6"

    This week's topic of illustration is: Spotted

    I decided to attempt the watercolor effect along with a common style that strays from the defined lines of the original sketch. This commonly makes the art look free form and more joyous in composition. I picked a giraffe for my subject because I had wanted to try for another challenge last week, but did not have the courage at that time. I find that this style of painting allows for larger movements of the brush, adding a more relaxed feeling to the entire piece instead of the precision & hard, defined lines I usually go for.

    11 comments:

    The Unknown said...

    Cute. I love it. Love haering about your technique too.
    love

    Kris Loya said...

    i LOVE the name of your blog and i adore that off set look i use it quite a bit
    i agree it seems more relaxed and joyous:) i'm bookmarking ur blog love it! oh and thanks for the comment on mine :D

    Anonymous said...

    Great illustration, I too am a big fan of that style! I like what you've written about the process, always interesting.

    kat@ohmtastic said...

    nice balance of colors and love the purple tongue!

    AnalogPixel said...

    I really need to break the watercolors out again, and stop using mspaint for everything I do :) Nice work.

    MD said...

    Lovely work.

    Anonymous said...

    Hello,
    It's abeautiful giraffe and nice watercolour.Great work!
    Nice weekend

    valerie walsh said...

    this is so deeelightful!!! that tongue slays me! Wonderful and fun!

    Anonymous said...

    Very good, Krystina! You do good work. Nice! :-)

    Rambleman

    carla said...

    What pretty eyes she has! I love the watercolor treatment here...loose and almost childlike...it goes so well with the sweet giraffe face:>

    Caroline said...

    I have to echo webgirl - I love the name of your blog!

    Your giraffe has a very relaxed feel - its not just the paint over the lines its that long loose tongue too!