Ever So Tweetly

    follow me on Twitter

    Tuesday, April 11, 2006

    I Need a Nap

    Finished a lot of things today, but none of it was what I really wanted to do. Instead it was a bunch of those repetitive necessities that just tend to get in the way of truly living life. On the other hand, I've just discovered that I have enough money in my bank account to finish paying all of our bills, so that's a beautiful thing. *grin*

    In other wondrous news, Keebler's bank has started a new program where you can get an advance on your next scheduled direct deposit if you are running short on cash. We think it's a great deal, and today he used it to get out of debt and stop the $7 a day late fees they've been tacking onto his negative account because of a 75cent overdraft (on top of the regular $30 overdraft charge.) I really despise his bank for numerous reasons, but it looks like this time they did something right! Who am I to question a little unexpected good fortune? *grin*

    After I arrived home from running all the errands and put away some things, I was in our yard with the kids chatting with a random acquaintance, and the police pull up and get out of their car to talk to us. *sigh* Seems the nosy neighbor saw the kids talking to him right before I came out of the house (I keep an ear on them). She had seen them chatting and called the police. I appreciate the sentiment of wanting to keep my kids safe, but wow. This is the second time she's accosted this same poor guy. I bet she's the same one who called social services on us as well, as the last time she did this, she knew our exact address(can't see it from the street in any direction, have to come to the door to see it) and accosted both him & my children! So I'm one up on her now, and If I get any more reports, not only do I have a good social worker who has seen us before to refer any new social workers to, but I can also report her to her employer (she's an apartment manager of a nearby complex) and maybe she'll be forced to take her nosy tush elsewhere. I don't wish her ill by any means, but enough is enough, you know? Luckily the police were just doing their "someone called so we had to check, nice to meet you" type drive by as a response to the call so it wasn't too bothersome for them or us. *smile*

    Cooking an ostrich in the stew pot right now. Gads I need a nap. It's off to work for us. *wry smile*

    1 comment:

    Anonymous said...

    Glad that your bank(s) are being nice to you.

    Sorry to hear of your neighbor (the nosy one) calling the police... again. Glad you've now got "ammunition/suppost" should this happen again. *hugs*

    Ramblman