Ever So Tweetly

    follow me on Twitter

    Thursday, March 30, 2006

    Lightning Strikes


    Posted by Picasa
    I finally convinced the girls to do some work in the yard / garden today. Luckily they got quite a bit done before the thunderstorm hit. Ladybug planted some new tufts of shade-loving grass in our oh-too-bare front yard area. We're doing a beautification project, planting flowers and other appropriate plants around the entire property. Even though it is a rental, I just can't stand it looking so terribly bland. We have a bunch of perennials so that even when we buy our homestead and move, the beauty of the improvements will live on. The landlord adores plants, so I know he will be pleased with the changes. Thanks to Freecycle(tm) we spent a total of about $4 on the plants, so it isn't like we aren't getting a good value out of the work while we are here either. *grin*

    When the lightning struck the building, I was taking a nap. The clap was so strong that I awoke immediately ad still had time to marvel at the brightness of it shining through the bedroom window. Needless to say, I couldn't get back to sleep, so I helped to tear down the extra bed in Ladybug's room and started preparation on our permanent tornado shelter to make it more comfortable.

    1 comment:

    Anonymous said...

    "I finally convinced the girls to do some work in the yard / garden today. Luckily they got quite a bit done before the thunderstorm hit."

    Sounds like a beautiful project :-) We need to get our kids to help us cleanup our yard too. Hopefully this weekend, starting today, but who knows?

    Rambleman