Ever So Tweetly

    follow me on Twitter

    Monday, April 28, 2008

    Correction

    A few days ago, I mentioned Faith's cat, and how we had to force feed him. Unfortunately I only knew half of why he needed force feeding, so i didn't give the whole story. Even now, I am not sure of all of the details, but if a cat does not eat for a while, his liver levels go down, and his body undergoes changes that make the thought of food disgusting to him, and he will starve if not force-fed enough to get the levels of certain chemicals produced by the liver back to normal levels.

    I know I'm still not quite right on it, and Faith can correct me and give the real right answer in the comments (please?), but there is good news, her kitty is eating on his own again! Not enough to be able to stop feeding him manually from time to time, but still enough that we can say he has a great chance of living through this tough time in his life.

    It's almost time to celebrate! *grin*

    No comments: