Ever So Tweetly

    follow me on Twitter

    Saturday, October 06, 2007

    Making Out Like a Bandit

    Not monetarily, but boy I made out great today!

    Started out the day with the MSU tailgate party from 10am-2pm where we did our thing as usual, and got a bonus of seeing an old friend again who invited us all to a school fund raiser in a couple of weeks for another job and a free dinner. Of course we accepted. *smile* Saw another friend as well, who invited us to yet another fun event today, but our schedule was already full.

    See, we had to run over to the square as soon as the tailgate party was over so that I could offer my services as a face painter to the first annual Taste of Springfield festival. I was a bit late on the draw with the offer, especially considering that I showed up nearly three hours after the event started, but there is something about saying you just came from another job, just found out about the event the evening before, and want to volunteer to work your magic for free that really makes folks amiable to nearly any delay. *smile*

    Needless to say, I ended up painting faces from 10am to 8pm today. Friends dropped in to say hello and brought us a supply of soda with coke rewards points and some great conversation. They ROCK!

    A lot of folks took my business card, asked about birthday parties or other events, and complimented my work. The people I was working with repeatedly thanked me for coming in and helping out, saying in many kind ways that I was an invaluable asset to the day. The coordinators of the event are very excited about having me work at other upcoming events, and at the very least, I have made some great business contacts and possible future business. *smile*

    After the event was over and we had loaded (almost) everything into the car, we went for a walk around the event grounds and grabbed up a whole slew of soda caps for more coke points to redeem when we got home. Yaaay! *grin* Just can't beat free stuff, exercise, and family togetherness all rolled into one at the end of a long day.

    We sat on the square for a few minutes, chatting with new friends after our walk to relax. A brother gave me a hand-dug crystal that he dug himself, and I taught him how to do a special coin wrap. Later, we dropped off at Jaye's store to pick up something we had left, and went on back home.

    The girls had a great time playing and painting all day long, and Littlebit got covered in water-soluble paint and sidewalk chalk. Ladybug is complaining that she is having too much fun recently, and is having trouble handling all the excitement. Not sure what to do about that, but Littlebit is positively thrilled. Should I cancel tomorrow's trip to the Discovery Center for the family free day?

    I am sunburned, tired, sore, and happy.

    1 comment:

    Todd said...

    Congrats on the new business contacts! As for the Discovery Center, I already know what you did, so it doesn't matter what I think. *smile*