Ever So Tweetly

    follow me on Twitter

    Friday, September 08, 2006

    Lafarga Has Passed

    Lafarga never knew any strangers. He was a great friend, and a loving companion. A father to many and a friend to many more, he taught people not to fear rats, taught rats how to get along without fighting, and even trained his people to recognize the signs and let him down when he had to seek relief. He was a very stately, dignified rat who loved to go on car rides, either on the dashboard or on a shoulder, and enjoyed tearing up fabric of all sorts, especially handmade hammocks.

    His favorite foods, treats, and toys were greenies dog treats, M&Ms, dandelion greens, toilet paper rolls, doggy biscuits, and peanut butter. We set him in a padded shoebox and surrounded him with a few of his favorite things. His little casket currently sits in the freezer awaiting the building of the raised garden bed so that he may forever sleep under some of his favorite things; fresh greens.

    At the time of his passing, he was nearly three years of age, and his skin was beginning to show age spots. He lived a long and happy life.

    He is survived by his brother, Hidiki, his four people, six sons and four daughters. Those he left behind miss him dearly, but we all have eachother to help us carry on without him.

    May our dear Lafarga run, play, and brux merrily with new friends on the rainbow bridge until we all meet again.

    Technorati Tags:

    3 comments:

    Todd said...

    *HUGS* to you and the rest of your family.

    lovelife said...

    Ok that is so sad. But bet he is over the rainbow Bridge seeing how much you all loved him and sees the nice words you said about him. to loose a pet is very sad. I am so sorry.
    I only hope when i pass over to the wheel of life that some one will say nice stuff about me.
    BB
    Karen

    Anonymous said...

    I am really sorry to hear this. I know he was part of your family.

    I loved my rat Willard. He was around four years old when he died. I've always felt guilty like maybe I neglected him to death. He died shortly after Lexie's birth and I'd been in the hospital then busy with a new baby.

    Probably he was just old for a rat but I wish he could have stayed longer.

    He peeled peas.