Ever So Tweetly

    follow me on Twitter

    Monday, August 14, 2006

    Not Razors, Diamonds. OR Where to Get Your Tounge Sharpened

    We went shopping, cleaned out the magic closet, had a phone call from my mother (the obligitory 2 hours chatting about nothing), had a visit from Moose, had a visit from my mother, had a lovely gender-confusion experience in walmart, We asked for a "devil duck" from those special packages of Axe body care products. (We hate the product, but MUST have the duck!) and asked to borrow a digital camera on Freecycle(tm) (we MUST show you pictures of the yarden and Littlebit's head!), Keebler cleaned the rabbit cages again, we saw a long lost friend in the store (and traded information), where we almost bought a new camera and an air pistol, but decided against it, and also saw that our beautiful camera (well the same model anyway) was on clearance for only $200! Wow, next month, we are SO getting another one!

    We split up to go shopping so that we could get done faster (dinner was cooling at home and waiting for us) and Littlebit had to go potty. So Keebler took her potty. No big, right? Wrong. So he sends her into the ladies restroom to releive herself, and dashes into the men's to do a quick visit himself. He returns about a minute later to wait for her outside the bathrooms when he is approached by someone asking if he has a little boy in a striped shirt because some lady brought him out of the ladies restroom and took him to the service desk. *growl*Lucky for everyone involved I wasn't there when some strange appearance-obsessed female laid hands on my child, stripping from her the ability to releive herself, and delivering her into the hands of other strangers while somehow insinuating something mildly distasteful about the parents of said child. *hiss spit*

    How DARE some woman deign it her responsibility to decide what gender my child is just because of the length or style of her hair or the cut or color of her clothes, much less lay hands on her! It's not like Keebler could have followed her into the restroom himself anyway, and it's seriously improper to take a nearly 6yo little girl into the men's toilet.

    Like I said, whoever that woman was is VERY damned lucky I wasn't there before she left the scene!

    *ponder* I just read this post to Keeb, like I sometimes do before I hit the publish button, and he tells me that she was indeed there, and heard me ranting right there in the store about it. He just didn't point her out because he wasn't in the mood to watch me lash the female to death with my diamond-tipped tounge.

    Though I feel a little better now, knowing that she heard precisely how enraged her assumption and subsequent actions had made me, and knowing that Keebler was kind enough to save her and I from feeling worse about the whole thing afterwards if I had gotten a hold of her.

    3 comments:

    The Unknown said...

    Ha! Awesome! You go girl!
    love

    Anonymous said...

    What is wrong with people? So what if she had been a boy in the ladies room? Or a girl in the men's room? Who cares.

    I've recently invaded the men's room at Wal-Mart with a seven year old girl who was going to otherwise have an accident. We went up front and they had the women's closed off for cleaning. We ran (literally) to the back only to find that one closed as well. I stuck my head in the men's room and announced that we were coming in. The man leaving stood guard at the door for us while my daughter finished her business.

    Much worse is my three year old son who crawls under the stall while I am helplessly sitting on the toilet and asks women in the next stall what they are doing.

    BTW, said daughter would like to know which restroom transvestites are supposed to use. I told her I really wasn't sure but figured either one would be okay. Am I right?

    Todd said...

    I wasn't there when some strange appearance-obsessed female laid hands on my child, stripping from her the ability to releive herself, and delivering her into the hands of other strangers while somehow insinuating something mildly distasteful about the parents of said child. *hiss spit*

    OMG! Yeah, that was pretty rude of that "woman". I used to have comments from rude men when I went into the men's room with my *son* because of his long hair. One guy actually said, "I didn't think they allowed boys to have that long of hair anymore". I just looked at him and walked away. *sigh* Sorry that Littlebit got traumatized :-(