Ever So Tweetly

    follow me on Twitter

    Tuesday, July 18, 2006

    More

    Found out late yesterday that two seperate groups of my friends had been mugged. They told me there have been multiple gun and knife robberies and muggings in the downtown area. *sigh* My friends didn't specify what was used to instigate the mugging, but they DID say that there was complete cooperation (full quick compliance and emptying of pockets) when someone snuck up from behind them and the beating began.

    That part REALLY ticks me off. I can understand mugging to a point, but still think it would be best to take the money and run, leaving the wallte and other goodies that would be so difficult to replace. I mean, it's the cash they want, yes? But beating a compliant victim?! I mean, seriously, where the hells is the honor or fairness in that? My friends would likely have been beaten to death (or at least unconsiousness) had it not been for a car pulling up just in time and causing the robbers to flee the scene. Even the female suffered broken bones! *sigh*

    Of course, we heard about this while we were on our way to visit Lovelife, and they were on their way to bed when we got there (early work schedule) so we couldn't stay for long. Hopefully we'll stop by sometime while it is still daylight. *smile* That'd be nice. We have a tentative visit scheduled for next Saturday. I hope nothing gets in the way of that. It'd be nice to sit & chat with them. It's been a while.

    Today we went to the feed store and bought a couple of bags of bunny food, some feed hoppers, a couple of plain salt licks, a bale of hay, 2 bales of straw, and some raw (seed) peanuts. Tomorrow we go to the bank and withdraw the money for the bicycle! (We're embarrassingly overdue paying for it -8 days later than we said we'd pay-. *blush*)

    Visited another friend for about 30 minutes (was supposed to be more like an hour or so, but we ran a bit late) before we had to run to a Freecycle(tm) appointment to pick up a gift, stop by my mother's house for a quick look at her new stereo that she was so proud of (it lights up and everything, she is so excited), before we were able to get to the Radish at our usual time of an hour late. *laugh* One of these days we'll get somewhere on time!

    Gotta visit my friend we ran out on again sometime soon.

    I'm tired. We still can't find any other batteries, and now the battery compartment won't stay closed on it's own. *sigh*

    1 comment:

    Todd said...

    Found out late yesterday that two seperate groups of my friends had been mugged.

    Oh man! That's terrible :-( I was mugged when I was 12 or 13, and I'll NEVER forget that, and I didn't even get hit.

    We still can't find any other batteries, and now the battery compartment won't stay closed on it's own. *sigh*

    Duct tape! It holds the universe together, remember? LOL