Ever So Tweetly

    follow me on Twitter

    Monday, May 15, 2006

    No Bunny Babies

    I give up. Bunny isn't having babies. She's thinner now than she was when we got her, and we have no babies. We've been feeding her all she wants to eat and drink, and nothing. I'm going to have to assume that the stress of the move during pregnancy caused her to miscarry and her babies were born stillborn, causing her to eat them. I checked her tummy the other day and felt no babies, whereas I had felt babies when she arrived here. I smelled the unmistakable smell of amniotic fluid on the 10th, but I didn't want to believe that she had birthed and nothing was left. *sigh*

    We need to get a male. Know anyone who has Californian or New Zealand rabbits for sale?

    In other news, I made my first try at deviled eggs today for the potluck, and they were a huge success. We also made more frybread (of course) and dropped some off at a friend's house (like put frybread at door, knocked on the door and ran *laugh*)

    Tried to do some dumpster diving but failed miserably, as we sort of jumped the gun on the college moveouts. Ah well. *shrug* There's always the actual date of the moveout. *smile* The girls are at grandma's house again tonight just in case we had a really good haul and needed more room in the car.

    1 comment:

    Anonymous said...

    i wanna try your fry bread!! I want to see how it compares to what i used to get in new mexico. and also john asks when you were gonna send the pics from the edge?

    love yas
    dolphin