Ever So Tweetly

    follow me on Twitter

    Thursday, April 20, 2006

    Some People's Kids

    The girls were gone for most of the day today, but we got a lot less done than we had planned.

    Waking up slowly is such a luxurious experience. *blissful smile*

    We walked to the store before breakfast and ended up buying all the orange tagged goodies from the meat department again to restock our freezer. I swear, I hardly even look at what I'm buying there anymore, orange tags go into the cart. *laugh* If the start selling ostrich, then maybe I'll start looking at what I'm dropping into the cart, but until then, I know we'll eat everything they carry. *smirk*

    Breakfast was lovely (and quiet). Then the day began.

    Two loads of dishes, random plant care, potted some things I had caused to grow roots (rooting hormone 2 weeks ago & worm poop water), improved the relationship with Cadburry by giving her treats & yummies (previously named Bugs), tried to fenagle more yummies (free vegetable scraps) from the grocery store and failed (policy), took another walk to the store before dinner (we forgot a can of chili), took some nice photos, washed Ladybug's dreadlocks thoroughly*, and was accosted by a random stranger with no manners**.



    * Ladybug called me from my mother's house crying. She tells me that grandma forced her to put some goop in her hair on threat that she wasn't going to go to karaoke if she didn't. I talked to my mom, and she informs me that Ladybug had changed her mind halfway through the procedure, and had not had a problem with it when she started, and she threatened her when she attempted to make her grandmother take her out with the two sided of her head looking strangely different. *sigh* I informed my mother of what terrible irreparable damage she may have done to Ladybug's hair, and that it needed to come out IMMEDIATELY. So she apologizes profusely and drives Ladybug back home, still apologizing. I wash the dreads with the hottest water Ladybug can stand, and a LOT of soap, rinsing so carefully that there was no hot water left by the time I was done. While I wash, I talk to her about what she had said to me, and asked her what she thought I would think of what she said. She blushed and told me that I would've thought someone was forcing her to do something with her body that she did not want. She was correct, that's exactly what I had thought, and I was irate when I asked to speak with my mother. Ladybug'll watch her words a bit more carefully from now on, I bet. *smile* Then we towel-dried, and, to placate my mother's need for shiny hair and no frizzies, we applied a light covering of Snake Oil, some "dread incense" (it is a lightly glittered, scented, water-based hair application), and pulled the dreads up into a hair tie. Even driving away, mother was still apologizing, so I think she's learned her lesson that dreads are MUCH different from regular hair and must be treated with respect. I mean, petroleum jelly based products in your hair?! EEW! I'm really glad Ladybug called me, even if she didn't have the story straight. Some people's kids. *laugh*



    **Not-so-common-anymore curtsey dictates that you do not enter a person's home without being invited in first. Even the home of a friend or family member. Tonight a random female with no teeth who reeked of alcohol walked into my front door! I don't know this person, I have never met this female before in my life. What gives her the right to come barging into my home? Apparently, because my door was open, she had every right to walk right in. *guffaw* yeah, riiight! Anyway, she stands there looking greedily at our computers and asking me if I know who owns the house across the street from me because it has a for rent sign in it. I inform her that it has been rented, and the new tenants are slated to move in within the next week. She SHRIEKS in my ear that it has a for rent sign in the window. *sigh* Yes it does, I tell her, but it has been rented. She asks for the owner's name and I give it to her, THEN she grabs one of MY pens from MY table in MY house that she is TRESPASSING in and orders me to get her a piece of paper!!! I don't want any trouble, and I've met people like her before, violent, unstable, psychotic, no sense of propriety, manners or appropriateness. The type of person who comes back to your home and destroys things if they thing you have somehow "wronged" them. She tells me she's from Texas. Like I care. She should go back there and leave me be. I get her the stupid paper and tell her AGAIN that it has been rented, but she is welcome to contact the owner as he has many other properties available in the city. *growl hiss spit* Some people's kids!



    At least I feel great after our walks and endurance weight training. Carrying heavy bags of groceries for 2 blocks does count as endurance weight training at this point in my exercise regimen. *laugh* I am getting in a lot better shape though, because I used to get winded halfway there, and now I go, and carry something back and just breathe heavy a little when I get back to the house. *grin*



    You know it's spring when I feel moved to take nighttime pictures of grass and dandelion seed puffs. *laugh* We even saw an owl on the way back home from the store in the dark. He was beautiful. A medium gray, with huge eyes, and regal stature. He was about 18" tall sitting up there on the telephone wire. Next to the fast food resturant, he was quite incongrous. Unfortunately, my flash was only enough to annoy him, but not enough to get a good picture. *sigh* I don't mind mind owls in the city, but it sure says something about what we're doing to their natural habitat when we see them here.



    Tip: Lean back in your chair, or stand a bit away from the computer to see the owl's body. He's there, but really hard to see on the screen up close. Think of it as an accidental "magic eye" picture. *smile*

    1 comment:

    Anonymous said...

    So are some really nice pictures of dandalion stems. *grin*

    Rambleman