Ever So Tweetly

    follow me on Twitter

    Monday, March 27, 2006

    The Way Back Machine

    There I was, browsing the internet looking for more ways to make our blog truly exciting and interactive, when I find a site about how to videoblog for free. I'm reading the instructions and they tell me that I can get free space and bandwidth for my videos by joining Ourmedia. So I do. Ourmedia then tells me that to upload files, I also need to join Internet Archive. I do that too. When I notice that Internet Archive is the home of "The Wayback Machine". I'd heard of it before but didn't know the name of the amazing project whose only purpose is to doccument and save websites through time in an effort to preserve internet history. So I get curious. I've got to try this thing out, right? But I can't think of a site to look up. :(

    Then it dawns on me. "Why not look up your own website?" I say to myself. And I go for it. And here it is! I just about died! I am so giddy I can't contain myself. And here I was, sitting thinking that while my website was getting it's facelift (read complete overhaul) folks wouldn't be able to see anything about our products, how to contact us, or anything. *laugh* How wrong I was!

    My experience with the way back machine. Ain't it amazing?! Seriously, go check it out for yourself. I bet there's a site you want to know what it looked like years ago, right? :D

    No comments: