Ever So Tweetly

    follow me on Twitter

    Monday, November 19, 2007

    Tagged for Random Me Me Me Me

    I've been tagged by Gooseberried to provide you with seven random facts about me. This is the first ever time that this blog has been tagged for a meme, so I'm terribly excited. *grin*

    Seven Random Facts About Me

    1) I adore order and neatness. Now for those of you that know me personally, this may come as a huge surprise, but for me neatness is like a tropical vacation; Ya love it, adore it, even cherish it, but it may not ever be yours except to fantasize about. One day, maybe after the children are grown, I will have a supremely neat house and an organized office... I can dream, right? *grin*

    2) I dislike the idea of legal marriage when applied to myself. The federal government, has no place in my private life. If I am married in heart and spirit, that is between myself, my partner, and my deity. The gov should but out and stay out, and anyone who says that I'm "not really married" because don't have a piece of paper from the state and a new name is deluding themselves and insulting their own intelligence. I didn't need a birth certificate to be born, I don't need a marriage certificate to be married. I don't see myself ever having a desire to "prove it" to anyone.

    3) I regularly want to borrow a trebuchet and bolt it to the top of Hammons tower so that I can launch my children as far as possible away from me (padded & armored suits of course) so that I can finally get some work done while they find their way back. Such is being a mommy.

    4) I love me some spirited debate more than the average girl, and will sometimes argue a point I don't believe in, just to challenge my skills. On the other hand, I refuse to sit down and shut up on any topic that I believe in, sometimes resulting in my signing petitions and writing letters to those who act in power over those issues late into the evening. Phone calls are also not out of the question. A good discussion is a valuable learning experience.

    5) I will read anything. Addicted to words in a row, if trapped in the bathroom, I will read the insert in a box of tampons. Because it is there. Do you have any idea how many times I have read those over the years?! It's not pretty. My literary addiction will lead to my ruin, I swear. I am writing this at the local public library. Enough said? *chuckle*

    6) Jack of all trades. I have so much how-to knowledge crammed into my brain from years of study that I can do nearly anything. If I need to know how to do something, I go learn it. At this point, I have pseudo-forgotten a lot of it and it can only be called up by the right stimuli or 'search string' for my brain. It's handy to be helpful and be able to have the answers when they come up, but I hate seeming like a know-it all, so I tend to try to stay out of problem-solving for my friends until I notice there is a serious problem, people are in a hurry, or I'm asked for help. If I didn't control the urge to help, I think I wouldn't have many friends.

    7) Right this very minute, I have what might possibly end up being the world's most amazing dessert just waiting at my mom's house to be assembled for me and only me. It's so great I want to share before I've even created it, but I'm feeling stingy, so I'm not even going to tell you what it is. See how mean I am? *laugh*

    What you need to do now, my dear tag victims, is write 7 random facts about yourself, then tag 7 random people, and leave a comment in their blog to let them know. Have Fun!

    Faith I B

    Ninja Poodles

    Mommy Momma Mother

    Yoda Momma

    Three Kid Circus

    Wannabe Hippie

    Woulda Coulda Shoulda

    Come and join the game! *smile*

    I am a participant in NaBloPoMo.

    Technorati Tags: Del.icio.us Tags: Flickr Tags: Furl Tags:

    4 comments:

    Real Live Lesbian said...

    Neatness eludes me as well. Although for brief moments...it happens. NEVER as long as a vacation though! Days in a row? Not happening!

    Oh come on. Let me eat dessert vicariously....don't be stingy!

    Gooseberried said...

    I like neatness too, actually. I'm pretty OCD about it.

    KiKi said...

    How hilarious #5 is me. Last time I found myself trapped in a bathroom I read the back of a Glade candle and a box of matches...

    Christina said...

    Real Live Lesbian,
    I plan on talking all about it, giving a recipe, and taking pictures as soon as I perfect it. It wasn't quite as divine as I'd anticipated. It has been far too long since I shared a recipe.

    Gooseberried,
    Yes, now if only rest of te family were as obsessive. :P

    Kiki,
    Oh thank goodness, I thought I was the only one!